Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Week of the Wheel

I hope, anyway, that this will be the week my spinning wheel arrives!  I've been doing a lot of daydreaming about it, and Althea has already said that she's going to dye fiber and have me spin it for her - which I think will only be the most fun!!!

In other news, I've completed Christopher's socks, his Jackalope, and just last night I finished my 198 Yards of Heaven shawl.  I was on a roll!  I was excited!  And then the fear set in.  How many projects did I have on my needles?  Just two?! But I didn't want to knit intimidating lace or an amigurumi tomato!  Gathering my fortitude, I blocked my projects and went to bed. 

This morning, I had the perfect plan.  I cast on this lacy snood, from Our Quiet Place - another blog.  I'm knitting it out of Royal Bamboo in a pretty pastel yellow.  Good winter knitting.

The last couple of weeks I've been having wonderful Sundays - getting Thai brunch with my pals Tillie and Althea, and then knitting the day away.  I think we should continue to do that.  I like Thai food, I like the gals, and I like knitting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment